Fun Lovers' Run Event Details
ROUTE, TIMINGS, HOUSEKEEPING & SUPPORTERS
The full route is a marathon distance, from Waterloo to Burgess Park - predominantly on tow paths and parks through Central London. We have organised the below designated 'meet points' for you to pick the distance and starting time most convenient to you.
We imagine most people will join from Egg - the halfway point (where Lizzy starts), then the 10K (Hyde Park Corner), 5 mile (St Thomas Hospital) and 5K (Albert Square).
Detailed route information is available to download - this includes maps, meeting locations and general information.
If you need to contact the team on the day... pick up the phone and call: 07561 735480
A guide below - please arrive at the meeting point with time to spare.
Naturally, Lizzy and Matt wish they could throw you all massive party - but that will have to wait.
As such, there is not a formal plan for for a gathering after your run finishes. Therefore, please make your own socially responsible arrangements to meet your friends and supporters after your run.
On the day you can monitor progress live on this page.
WE NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU PLAN TO JOIN
Simply to make sure we stay as COVID-secure as possible, we need to anticipate where most people will be joining the run. Please fill in the form - so we can stick to the guidelines.
- As this is not an official event and therefore the route is unmarked; you should do your best to familiarise yourself with your route beforehand or run with someone who knows where they are going
- You will not be running on closed roads - please be mindful of and courteous to other pedestrians and road users especially at narrower sections
- Be cautious at road crossings
- Distances are a good approximation but have not been accurately measured (this isn’t the Olympics)
- This will be an emotional occasion but please don’t hug anyone outside your household (fist bumps and elbows only)
- To observe social/physical distancing we have to run in pods - maximum 6 people running, 1m+ from each other and at least 10m from the next group
- There will be 'navigators' dressed in yellow vests and wigs. Follow them to stay on route, no more than 5 people with each yellow vest / wig
- This is a self-supported occasion - please bring all you need to complete your distance including water, nutrition and suncream
- Appropriate clothing (including something warm for afterwards)
- Toilets - runners and supporters will have to use publicly available toilets
- There will be photographers on the day taking photos for use on Social Media and our Website
Please remember Matt is shielding and no one is to hug / high five / crowd him, Lizzy or his immediate family
Full COVID guidance here and risk assessment upon request via the contact form.
Supporters can follow the group’s progress on a live tracker. We will send out an update to the link closer to the time and on the day of the event.
The best places to catch the group coming through are:
Hyde Park Corner - HERE
Albert Square - HERE
Burgess Park between the underpass and the bridge - HERE